WAY IN HELL is this Website is associated with or sponsored by CBS Studios
Brady Bunch or the actors or talent associated there with, nor would it ever
(pilot) The Honeymoon- Mike and Carol's
wedding turns chaotic and they yell at the kids. Racked with guilt they
the kids on the honeymoon.
- Best Line: (After the phone rings)
Jan- "It must be Mike." Carol- "What makes you think so?" Jan-
"It's always Mike"
- Funniest Line:
Bobby- "Wow, I'd love to go on a honeymoon, what should I take?" Greg- "A
- Neat-O Moments: Seeing the first
Mrs. Brady in the photo Bobby puts in a drawer. Mike and Carol eating dinner in their
robes (wink, wink).
- Number of times Carol says "Oh,
The kids fear one of their parents are unhappy with them after reading a letter in an
advice column, about a similar family. The kids try to act perfect until Dear Libby
arrives to clear things up.
- Best Line:
"If I'm dumb your
super dumb!" -Jan (to Peter)
- Neat-O Moment: The first ever
official kids meeting and Alice is seen without her apron.
Mistaken idea (Read about the 5 different
themes that episodes share in Brady Central)
- Number of Kids Meetings: 1
(What's a kids meeting? Read about them in Brady
2)A Clubhouse Is
Not a Home-The boys refuse to share their clubhouse with the girls and after many
battles in sharing everyone works together to build the girls their own clubhouse.
- Neat-O Moments: The first official
family meeting/Mike lecture occurs. Mike drives Carol to tears.
- Most Sexist Line: Mike- "Carol there are certain places were women just are not
- Best Line: (While fighting over
drawer space) Cindy- "What happens when I start to fill
- out?" Marcia- "I'll
be married and gone by then."
- Number of Mike Lectures: 3 (two to the
whole family, one to the boys)
- Moral: The importance of sharing,
while respecting the rights of others.
- Theme: Boy vs. Girl
Is Missing-Cindy's doll disappears and she accuses Bobby. Tiger is eventually
convicted of the crime when Bobby's trial has a hung jury.
- Most Wholesome Moment: Cindy saying
- # of Mike lectures: 2 (one to Marcia
and Greg and one to Bobby and Cindy)
- Tearjerker moments: Bobby
proclaiming his innocence in his trial and when he buys Cindy a new doll and tells her...
- Best Line: "I'm
not giving you this 'cause I like you or nothing but my piggy bank was getting too
- Moral: Everyone is innocent until
proven guilty, (without only circumstantial evidence).
- Theme: Mistaken Idea
develops an allergy, and when everyone thinks it's Tiger they bathe him to try to keep him
from having to leave, until the real cause is found.
- Neat-O Moment: The first time Carol
and Alice pass out lunches.
- Tearjerker Moments: The boys and
Alice saying good-bye to Tiger.
- Best Line: Mike-"Jan's
allergic to Tiger and they cannot live in the same house" Bobby- "Where's Jan
- Theme: Mistaken Idea (check out the Brady Central section)
Mommy, Daddy- Because of a lack of space Cindy must choose only one parent to
attend the school play in which she stars.
- Cindy Cuteness Factor: +10 (see Brady Central for Details)
- Most Wholesome Moment:Anytime Cindy
Says " 'hersal" (rehearsal) or "printheth"
- Moral: Sometimes rules can be bent.
- Brady Commentary: It is impossible
for anyone to watch this episode without commenting how harsh it was for the school to
force these young children to choose one parent. Why they didn't just plan two
performances from the beginning? Bad school or bad plot point, you decide.
6)Alice Dosen't Live
Here Anymore-Alice thinks she's not wanted
after the begin kids going to Carol with their
problems, but when she decides to leave everyone stages a plan to make her feel
- Tearjerker Moment: Carol explaining
to the girls she's spending time with the boys because they haven't had a mother for a
long time. Although the subsequent group hug that falls to the floor is too over the
- Best Line: Cindy to Alice
"Marcia, Jan and I were just starting to love you" AAAAHH!
- Number of Family Meetings: 1(explaining
- Moral: Everyone likes to feel
7)Father of the Year-Marcia
nominates Mike for father of the year but begins to reconsider after he grounds her for
sneaking out to mail the letter.
- Best Line and Moral: Mike
wise man forgets his anger...", Marcia "...before he lies down to sleep"
- Neat-O Moment: Marcia's first crying
- Funniest line: Jan to Cindy
you know who has the biggest mouth in the whole wideworld next to you? Nobody!"
- Tearjerker Moment: Mike reading
- Brady Commentary: One of the most
well written of all the episodes.
8)The Grass Is Always
Greener-Each think the others job is easier, but when they switch roles for a day,
Carol finds dealing with the boys, and Mike finds dealing with the girls, isn't so easy.
- Neat-O Moment: Carol getting injured
on the Astroturf lawn, perhaps Major League Baseball should have paid
- attention, and they
might have avoided injuries by not installing it.
- Best Line: Alice- "I don't even
tell my mother how old I am." (Oh, Alice)
- Most Sexist Line:
just don't understand." -Mike
- Theme: Male vs. Female
- Moral: The grass is always greener
in someone else's backyard.
9)Sorry, Right Number-Mike
buys a pay phone out of frustration with his family's bad phone habits.
- # of Family meetings: 1 (introducing
the new phone)
- # of Mike Lectures: 1 (to all the
kids on phone usage)
- Best Line: "We've got a
wonderful group of kids, really marvelous, they don't play hooky, they don't lie, they're
not fresh, but boy they just won't stay off that phone." -Mike
- Neat-O Moment: The first appearance
of Sam the Butcher.
- Funniest Line: "You
know something Alice, you've got a bigger heart than a cow." -Sam
- Moral: Learning the value of a
dollar, or a dime.
10)Is There a Doctor
In the House-The kids get the measles and the family tries to choose between their
male and a female doctors.
- Neat-O Moment: Mike mixes himself a
drink, the only time alcohol ever appears in the Brady house.
- Best Line: Carol- "Why don't we
put it off until you can decide which doctor." Mike- "At this point I'd settle
for a witch doctor."
- Most Sexist Line: "Women are
supposed to be nurses, men are supposed to be doctors." -Greg
- Theme: Boy vs. Girl
11)54-40 and Fight-The
boys and the girls compete by building a house of cards, the winner gets to
choose what the family buys with their trading
- Family Meetings: 1 (called by Carol)
- Best Line: "Boys don't look at
clocks they say, 'Dad what time is it?'." -Mike
- Funniest Line:
"I am a lady, if
you say I'm not I'll bop you." -Cindy
- # of Carol Lectures: 1 (to the kids)
- Theme: Boys vs. Girls
- Moral: Combining individual assets
is beneficial for the whole group.
- Brady Commentary: It is impossible
for anyone to watch this episode without asking: "Why doesn't she just take that
12)A Camping We Will
Go-The Bradys go camping to explore togetherness and have trouble fishing and
sleeping, when the boys become resentful of the girls presence.
- # of Mike lectures: 1 (to boys)
- # of Carol lectures: 1 (to girls)
- Most Wholesome Moment: The entire
family singing in the car.
- # of kids meetings: 1 (not actually
seen but mentioned by Greg)
- Best Line: Greg "That's sissy
- Most Sexist Line: Bobby "Well,
I guess women are good for some things"
- Theme: Vacation
13)Vote For Brady-Greg
vs. Marcia in an election that divides the girls and the boys.
- # of Mike Lectures: 2 (one to Greg
and Marcia, one to all the kids)
- Most Wholesome Moments: Marcia
letting Greg win and Greg firing his manager for attempting to bad mouth Marcia.
- Best Line: "We're going to be a
family a lot longer than either Marcia or Greg will be in office" -Mike
- Brady Commentary: The Brady's
actually own their own podium. What kind of school system allows a six year old to be a
- Theme: Boy vs. Girl
14)Every Boy Does It
Once-Bobby thinks Carol is out to get him and tries to run away.
- Best Line: "When everybody
leaves and nobody says good-bye that ain't love." -Bobby
- Most Wholesome Moment: Mike: "You wouldn't want me to stay if I didn't want to."
Bobby: "You have to, your the dad." Mike: "That's very true."
- Tearjerker Moment: When Bobby and
- Brady Commentary:
A superior story and a moving performance by Mike Lookinland, if this one
doesn't make you get a little misty than you are made of stone.
- Theme: Young vs. Old (Bobby feels
unwanted by everyone especially his older siblings who push him off and don't
15)The Voice of Xmas-When
Carol loses her voice and can't sing the whole family loses it's Xmas spirit.
- Most Wholesome Moment: Cindy talking
to Santa Claus.
- Best Line: "He's
better than a doctor, he's Santa Claus." -Cindy
- # of Mike Lectures: 2 (one to Santa,
one to Cindy)
- Neat-O Moments: The Brady's at
church. Those giant bows on all the gifts.
- Moral: Have faith in miracles.
- Brady Commentary: No Christmas
holiday season is complete without a viewing of this magical episode.
Horror-Scope-Mike is hired to design a factory for a demanding, hard to please
client that causes stress in the house when the work keeps him away from his family.
- Neat-O Moment: The only time Mike
and Carol's bedroom window is ever seen from the inside is when Mike opens it in the
beginning of this episode.
- Unwholesome Moment: Mike checking
out B.B. while she leans over his desk.
- Moral: Family is more important than
- Brady Commentary: After this slow
paced mediocre episode it's easy to see why it's the only episode Mike-based
- 17)The Undergraduate-Greg
gets a crush on his teacher but she diverts his attention by introducing him to her
- Best Lines: "Sam's idea of
romance is two pounds of liver...heart shaped." -Alice, "Oh Alice!" -Carol
- Most Wholesome Moment: Bobby coming
home from school and Carol saying, "Hi mom, here's a kiss for ya." so then Bobby
says, "Hi mom, here's a kiss for ya." and gives her a kiss.
- # of Mike Lectures: 2 (to Greg)
- Theme: Mistaken Idea
18)To Move or Not to
Move-The kids try to scare off potential buyers of their house by haunting it.
- # of Kids Meetings: 1
- Best Line: "Moan, Moan"
- Most Wholesome Moment: The girls and
the boys saying how much they'd miss each other if they moved.
- Moral: There's no place like home.
- Brady Commentary: It is a great
story twist to find out it's the kids doing the haunting.
runs away and the Brady's scour the town to search for him.
- Neat-O Moment: Bobby staring at his
framed 8x10 of Tiger.
- Most Wholesome Moment: The kids
selflessly giving their money for the reward.
- Best Line: "Would you play golf
if I was missing?" -Bobby
- Tearjerker Moment: Bobby telling
Carol he couldn't eat because "there wasn't any room in my stomach, it has a great
big lump in it."
- Moral: "Family" can
include more than just humans.
gets braces and when her date to the dance cancels everyone tries to get her a date and
help her self esteem.
- Best Lines: "I'm
ugly, ugly, ugly!" -Marcia
real crazy sometimes Marcia but your still the grooviest looking girl in the whole
- # of Family Meetings: 1
- Wholesome Moment: The whole family
sitting on the couch waiting for Marcia to come down the stairs to go on her date.
- Moral: It's not appearances that
matter but what's on the inside that counts.
21)The Big Sprain-Alice
hurts herself while Carol is away and the kids learn responsibility by having to clean and
cook for themselves.
- # of Mike Lectures: 1(to family)
- # of Family Meetings: 1 (Mike
complementing the kids on their teamwork)
- # of Kids Meetings: 1 (to get
themselves to work as a team)
- Tearjerker Moment: Alice crying into
- Moral: The importance of teamwork.
saves a girl's life when a wall of shelves nearly falls on her, but being a hero goes to
- Most Wholesome Moment: Carol telling
Peter how proud she is to have sons like him.
- Best Line: "WOW!"
-Peter, 5 times (after seeing his picture in the paper, after receiving his plaque, after
receiving his check, and after seeing the party)
- Neat-O Moment: One of Peters friends
talks to him on the phone from a room in her house that looks strangely like Mike and
- Theme: Big Head Syndrome
- Brady Commentary: If something like
this had happened today this episode would be about a lawsuit against the toy store.
Locket-Jan receives a locket from an anonymous source only to lose it, and find it
with the help of a reenactment.
- Neat-O Moment: Seeing the Brady
- Best Line: "My beautiful little
locket, with no card or return address, gone,
as mysteriously as it came." -Jan
- Most Wholesome Moment: Alice
explaining to Jan why she gave her the locket.
- Moral: Take the time to make someone
else feel special.
24)The Possible Dream-Marcia
fills her diary with thoughts of Desi Arnez Jr. , but it's accidentally given away, and
after a search of used book stores it's recovered during a visit from the man himself.
- Neat-O Moment: Alice knowing Lucille
- Best Line: "My
dream of dreams is to be Mrs. Desi Arnez Jr." -Marcia
- Most Wholesome Moment: Bobby and
Peter buying Marcia a new diary.
- Funniest Line: "Having sisters
that don't talk to each other sure is stupid." -Peter
- Moral: Sometimes dreams can come
SEASON 3 SEASON
4 SEASON 5
All trivia and commentary is copyrighted
1997 "Brady Bunch 101" and may not be used without permission of the copyright