WAY IN HELL is this Website is associated with or sponsored by CBS Studios
Brady Bunch or the actors or talent associated there with, nor would it ever
Going.....Steady-Marcia chases her first crush taking on his hobby in order to get
him to go steady.
- Neat-O Moment: The first appearance
of Carol's gold paisley jumpsuit
- Best Lines: "Gee Harvey,
- Funniest Line: "Lots of girls
my age wear make-up." -Marcia "That's their mothers problem" -Carol
- Theme: Young vs. Old
Don Drysdale gives Greg a compliment on his baseball it goes to Greg's head and he becomes obsessed
with his future in the game.
- Neat-O Moment: Mike was fixing a
bike in the driveway instead of the boys.
- Most Wholesome Moment: Mike's
father-son talk with Greg after his disastrous game.
- Best Line: "Don who?"
- # of Mike and Carol Lectures: 2 (to
- Theme: Big Head Syndrome
and Marcia sit with their siblings but have trouble getting their parents to stop worrying, especially when Cindy
has symptoms of a cold.
- Most Wholesome Moment: Carol running
out to Mike's car when he got home from work.
- # of Family Meetings: 1(given by
- Best Line: "Sniff." -Cindy
- Worst Line: "Parents."
-Marcia "They sure are hard to bring up." -Greg
- Theme: Young vs. Old
28)The Treasure of
Sierra Avenue-While playing the boys find a wallet, then try to find the owner and
collect the reward.
- Funniest Line: Want a piece of
licorice? -Cindy "Sure!" -Bobby "I bet you do!" -Cindy as she takes
her licorice and leaves
- # of Mike Lectures: 1 (to the kids)
- Most Sexist Line: "The boys
might as well learn at an early age that girls are gonna cost them money." -Mike
- Moral: The Importance of sharing.
- Brady Commentary: Why do the boys
have to share with the girls? The boys found the money the girls were just being greedy.
Un-Underground Movie-Greg struggles for creative control of his history project, a
film staring all of the Bradys about the early settlers.
- Best Line: "Snow...
- Brady Commentary: Wow, what an
elaborate production. Mike and Carol really go all out to help their kid with a school
project. The costumes and scenery are so elaborate the cost of the supplies alone would
have stopped most parents. This pilgrim epic truly shows the devotion of these Brady
- Moral: Too many cooks spoil the
30)The Slumber Caper-When
Marcia is accused of writing an insulting caption on a picture at school she didn't do,
she accuses someone else of the crime. She learns a lesson in not making accusations when
the real culprit comes forward at her slumber party .
- Wholesome Moment: Everyone waiting
on Mike to decide if Marcia could have a party.
- Best Line: "Boys? Who likes
- Funniest Line: Carol- "Maybe we
should hang them up and beat them." Mike- "The sleeping bags or the boys?"
- Moral: Avoid accusing someone
without all of the facts or by circumstantial evidence(see episode #3), and the importance
- Brady Commentary: A very complete,
well written show with 2 morals one of which, the evils of accusations, is highlighted
twice, once with Marcia herself being accused and again with Marcia doing the accusing.
This episode also has a wide appeal to every kid who saw it, every girl wanted that
far-out slumber party, and every boy wanted to crash it, just like the Brady boys.
Confessions-Peter breaks Carols favorite vase, and after an attempt to fix it
fails, the other kids take the heat so Peter won't miss a camping trip.
- Best Line: "Mom always said
'Don't play ball in the house.'." -Bobby
- # of Family Meetings: 1 (to announce
that Peter would assign punishments)
- Tearjerker Moment: Peter confessing
to breaking the vase.
- Moral: Tell the truth(right away).
- Brady Commentary: Were Mike and
Carol too harsh? Couldn't Peter have been allowed to go on the camping trip and then made
to do his siblings punishments as he did anyway? If it was that important to him his parents
should have relented.
turns into a nark and rats out her brothers and sisters.
- Neat-O Moment: Alice without her
- Best Line: "Cindy, what other
people say privately is none of our business." -Mike
- # of Mike Lectures: 1 (to Cindy)
- Cindy Cuteness Factor: +7
(what is this?)
- Moral: Mind your own business.
Irresponsible-Greg gets a job in Mike's office where he finds he's not as
responsible as he thinks when he twice losses important plans he was supposed to deliver.
- Neat-O Moment: Seeing Greg's first
girlfriend, the first of many to come.
- Funniest Line: Mike- "Isn't
that something he wants to be like his old man." Carol- "Yea, cleaning up around
- Best Line: (when asked how he wants
his coffee) "Black, and with a smile."
- Moral: Responsibility is more than
just a word, it must be backed up by actions.
goes to far with her practical jokes when she almost gets Greg's mouse killed.
- # of Carol Lectures: 1 (to Jan)
- Neat-O Moment: The closeup of the Astroturf
in Tiger's dog house.
- Best Line: "Everyone loves a good gag
but some practical jokes just aren't funny." -Carol
- Moral: Practical jokes can get out of hand
and someone could get hurt (like Myron).
35)A Fistful of
Reasons-When Cindy's lisp gets her teased at school by
"Buddy the bully" Peter is
forced to defend her and himself in a fight.
- Neat-O Moment: Mike nearly getting in a
- # of Mike Lectures: 1 (to Mr. Hinton)
- Funniest Line: Cindy- "They said I talk
funny." Mike- "What?"
- Best Line: "Baby
talk, baby talk it's a wonder you can walk." -Buddy Hinton
- Cindy Cuteness Factor: +7
- Moral: Use violence only as a last resort.
- Brady Commentary: This is the only Brady
Bunch episode with any visible violence in it (unlesss you count Marcia getting
hit with the football).
36)What Goes Up....-Bobby
sprains his ankle trying to get into Peters club and clubhouse. His parents get him a pet
bird and everyone tries to help him overcome his newly developed fear of heights.
- Neat-O Moment: Greg calling Jan 'Eve' during
the trampoline scene. Tiger's last episode.
- Funniest Line: (after the bird gets loose)
Mike- "Nobody move." Bobby- "If nobody moves how are we gonna catch
- Moral: If you fall off the horse you have to
get right back on.
- Brady Commentary: What happened to Bobby's
parakeet? Perhaps it went with Tiger to some unknown destination to visit Fluffy the cat,
and they just never returned.
37)Coming Out Party-When
their tonsils come out Cindy and Carol have a hard time keeping from talking and
accidentally insult Mike's boss when Carol thinks it Mike trying to trick her into talking.
- Neat-O Moment: Seeing Mr. Dittmeyer and the
1970's Baskin Robbins container
- Best Line: (after Mike's boss asks her how
she's feeling) "Not well enough to go on that broken down barnacle barge of
- Cindy Cuteness Factor: +4
- Theme: Mistaken Idea (What
Duckling-Jan develops a self image problem when the boy she likes isn't
interested, so when trying to get rid of her freckles doesn't work, she makes up a
boyfriend, until mom discovers a solution.
- Best Line: "Jan
if boys don't find you attractive don't blame me." -Marcia
- Tearjerker Moment: Jan talking to her
reflection "There goes your last excuse, it isn't the freckles, it's just dumb old
- # of Family Meetings: 1 (called by Carol
about Jan's party)
- Most Sexist Line: "Go figure a woman,
even her size" (referring to Jan) -Mike
- Moral: The clothes make the man (woman).
- Brady Commentary: Classic Jan. Maybe Jan
could have benefited from some counseling, she seems even more overwrought than the
average girl who goes through this stage. Marcia on the other hand is particularly nasty
to Jan which could be the reason for the later resentment Jan feels toward her with good
reason. The moral of this episode is particularly disturbing, and inadvertently gives off
the wrong message that it's Jan's looks that count instead of what's inside. Perhaps they
were making a statement on the shallowness of men/boys.
39)Tell It Like It
Is-Carol submits a story about her family to an editor, but he rejects it until he
sees what the Brady family is really like.
- Best Line: Carol- "Mike, I've been
rejected, flatly rejected." Mike- "Only by 'Tomorrow's Woman' not by tonight's
- Funniest Line: "Well it's all so sweet
and goody goody, always happy and smiling." -Marcia
- Moral: Truth is stranger than fiction.
40)The Drummer Boy-When
Bobby doesn't make the glee-club he tries the drums instead. When Peter does make the club
his teammates teeze him until a pro athlete visits and changes their mind.
- Best Line: Carol- "Canary, what's that
mean?" Peter- "I think it's a chicken that can sing."
- Tearjerker Moment: The boys on Peter's team
- Moral: Don't do things just to please other
- Brady Commentary: This episode does a great
job of emphasizing this moral by applying it to two kids, Bobby and Peter, but if Bobby's
voice is so bad it's difficult to see why he gets to sing in the kids singing group
in later episodes.
Smoke- Greg's parents find out he tried smoking and believe he won't do it again even
when a pack falls from his jacket. The real owner, a band mate, is soon discovered.
- Neat-O Moments: Finding out Mike is a former
smoker. Greg's corny song. (98k zip)
- Best Line: "Hey
man, they're just plain cigarettes." -Tommy
- Moral: The importance of trust and not giving
into peer pressure.
- Brady Commentary: Why does Greg not receive
any punishment for smoking? It's so unBrady-like. "If you know what you did was
wrong, that's more important than any punishment..." -Carol Come on! Marcia and Greg
get so much special treatment.
42)Will the Real Jan
Brady Please Stand Up-Jan wants to set herself apart from her sisters so she buys
a wig to wear at a party.
- Best Line: (after seeing Jan's wig) "Jan I think it looks awful." -Marcia
- Tearjerker Moment: Everyone at the party
laughing at Jan.
- Moral: It's what's inside that counts, not
- Brady Commentary: Finally, the right message
gets through to Jan. It's no wonder she made this whole wig mistake after episode #38
where she learns if she dresses the right way people will like her. Now she can start
worrying about what else is wrong with her life, like her lack of talent, and her sister
43)Our Son the Man-Greg
gets his own room and turns it and himself into a groovy and more mature look, until he
realizes he's overdone it and being a kid isn't so bad.
- Neat-O Moment: Mike telling Carol Greg
he couldn't have the attic unless he was 2 feet tall.
- Best Line: "Kids. What do they know
about life?" -Greg
- Most Wholesome Moment: Peter and Bobby having
Greg's stuff packed in case he decided to go on the trip with them.
- Funniest Line: "Remember Dad we're
talking 'man to man' now not 'kid to man man to man' but 'man to man man to man' "
- Theme: Big Head Syndrome
44)The Liberation of
Marcia Brady-Marcia tries to join Greg's scouting group to prove girls can do
anything boys can. The boys retaliate by having Peter join Marcia's scouting group, the
- Best Lines: "I am a little sunflower, sunny, brave, and
true. From tiny bud to blossom I do good deeds for you." -Peter
- Funniest Line: "Dad, you don't call a
Frontier Scout sweetheart." -Marcia
- Most Sexist Line: Oddly enough, there wasn't
- Theme: Male vs. Female
stars in a show at school with his magic act but the magic spooks Cindy out of being his
assistant until she learns how it works.
- Neat-O Moment: The ta-da music every time
Peter flips back his cape.
- Most Wholesome Moment: Cindy hugging and
kissing Bobby when he comes back 'from beyond'.
- Best Line:
- Cindy Cuteness Factor: +4
- Funniest Line: "I can help too. I can
tell you if a trick stinks." -Bobby (to Peter)
- Moral: Face yours fears.
the Brady kids have trophies except Bobby, when he fails to win one in an ice cream eating
contest on t.v. the family gives him one for trying so hard.
- Neat-O Moment: Bobby's first dream sequence.
- Best Line: "I just gotta get a trophy, I
just gotta get one." -Bobby
- Most Wholesome Moment: All the kids giving
Bobby a party and a trophy.
- Tearjerker Moment: Bobby losing the contest
and with ice cream dripping off his face saying "I lost...again."
- Moral: Keep trying
and the kids try to save their park by fighting city hall who's planning to put a building
on it Mike' s firm is designing.
- Neat-O Moment: The Batman-like tilted camera
sequence used during Mike designing.
- Best Line: "It doesn't take a Jack Frost
to recognize a snow job." -Mike
- Moral: You can fight city hall.
- Brady Commentary: It's kind of difficult to
make a good episode about a park when they never show the park, and the stock footage of
the march on city hall isn't very effective either.
Song-An old flame visits Alice but turns out to be after only her money, until Sam
puts him in his place.
- Best Line: "Alice is my inspiration. I
see her in face in every bowling ball, her figure in every bowling pin." -Sam
- Unwholesome Moment: Alice sucking up to Sam
after dating another guy all week.
- Moral: Appearances can be deceiving.
SEASON 3 SEASON
4 SEASON 5
All trivia and commentary is copyrighted
1997 "Brady Bunch 101" and may not be used without permission of the copyright